Chicken RellenosFrom coffeebean53 8 years ago
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cans green chilies, halved shopping list
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, cut crosswise into 16 slices shopping list
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon milk shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups of homemade soft breadcrumbs shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place each chicken breast halves between 2 pieces of heavy duty plastic wrap. Flatten each breast to ?-inch thick using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place a green chili half and 4 slices cheese in center of each piece of chicken. Roll up lengthwise, tucking edges inside. Secure roll with wooden toothpicks.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Combine egg and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture then roll in bread crumbs.
- Fry chicken in 2 inches of hot oil (375?F) in a deep skillet or Dutch oven for 10 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with salsa.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!