Cat Head Biscuits And Sausage Gravy-ciFrom keni 6 years ago
- For Biscuits: shopping list
- 4 cups AP flour shopping list
- 3T baking powder shopping list
- 1t salt shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 4-6T solid shortening(lard, bacon grease or shortening work) shopping list
- 4T butter(divided) shopping list
- For sausage Gravy: shopping list
- 2lb breakfast sausage shopping list
- 3-4 cups milk(any type, but lower fat varieties will probably require a lil more thickener) shopping list
- 1/2-3/4 cup flour or 1/4-1/3 cup corn starch shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
- dash of cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- For Biscuits:
- In cast iron or oven safe skillet, melt 2T butter in oven while preheating to 400. See Photo
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl
- Cut in shortening then add milk, as needed, til just combined.
- DO NOT OVER MIX
- Drop by LARGE spoonfuls into prepared skillet. They don't need to be pretty and they can touch. It doesn't matter :) See Photo
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Toward end of baking, melt the remaining butter and spoon over tops for even better browning. See Photo
- Meanwhile, prepare Sausage Gravy:
- Brown sausage in large skillet.
- Do not drain.
- Add flour to meat and stir until coated.
- Slowly add milk and heat to just under boiling, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Add fresh ground pepper and cayenne
- Serve over biscuits
People Who Like This Dish 36
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating8 people
Whoa! The pictures are great and I'm sure these are wonderful. Talk about a cardiac nightmare...LOLjett2whit in Union City loved it
~Hello~ ^j^ ~
The 'Buttermilk' is THE ingredient in this
"5"FORK!!!!! recipe~ along with the
the Bacon drippings~ for the Biscuits ~
You can't beat 'Southern' Flavors for REAL
'Southern' Taste ~
Thank-you so much for sh...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Ooooh this looks so good! Definately a keeper - Thanks Keni!neon in Westland loved it