Herb And Lemon Roast ChickenFrom glennk 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare and wash chicken(s) See Photo
- Separate fresh herbs into two equal piles
- On the first group of herbs separate leaves from the stems and chop up finely
- mix chopped herbs with minced garlic and softened butter in small mixing bowl.
- take herb butter mixture and put into a zip lock bag. Flatten the bag so as the mixture is 1/8 of an inch thick and lay flat in the freezer while you prepare the chickens See Photo. (this can been done well in advance and the mixture used whenever you need herbed butter)
- Using a kitchen shears or a chef knife cut along the entire back of the chicken, being careful to not cut through the breast See Photo. Flip chicken onto its back abd push down on the breast flattening the chicken. See Photo
- Using your hand separate the skin from the breast meat creating a pocket. Use this same method by the thigh being careful to not tear the skin. See Photo
- Take out the hardened herb butter mixture, break into pieces and place underneath the skin in the breasts and thigh areas. Place birds in shallow baking dish See Photo
- Cut up two lemons placing a halve under each side of the bird.
- rub the remaining butter herb mixture on the skin of the birds.
- Season the chickens to taste.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place on top of the birds.
- Take remaining herbs and place them under the birds with a clove of garlic.
- Roast for two hours or until juice from legs runs clear.
- The birds can then be cut up like a regular roast chicken or quartered or halved depending on the appetite of the group.
- Be prepared to eat way more than you think lol
The Cookglennk Dalmeny, CA
The Rating8 people
This sounds fabulous! Got my 5!michelle73 in Melville loved it
You did a fantastic job stuffing and photographing at the same time! The chicken sounds great and looks delicious. I look forward to making this.
Chichichihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
This is an incredible recipe & your step by step pictures are wonderful. This is definately a meal I'm going to be feasting on soon. I had to flag your picture as beautiful because it was absolutely mouthwatering. 5555++++brianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!