Melt-away Sage CookiesFrom boofie 8 years ago
- 1.5 c unbleached white wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 c cold butter, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 c brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- ********* shopping list
- Whites of 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- Pretty, flat sage leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, butter, sage, vanilla, and egg yolk in a large bowl and begin mixing with a fork until no "dry" flour remains.
- Dump flour mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. If there are still little balls of butter showing, that is fine.
- Form dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for an hour.
- When ready to make cookies, preheat oven to 375 degrees and remove dough from fridge.
- Place dough ball on lightly floured surface and gently roll dough out to a large rectangle about 1/4" thick, rolling in only one direction.
- Using a cookie cutter (or I used a juice glass), cut cookies from dough and place on an ungreased, non stick baking sheet.
- Combine egg white and water and brush the top of each cookie with mixture. Sprinkle half of the cookies with white sugar and arrange pretty, flat sage leaves on the other half. Lightly brush over arranged sage leaves with more egg white mixture before baking.
- Bake cookies 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookboofie Salt Lake City, UT
The Rating8 people
These look wonderful! 5!annielikestocook in Annacotty loved it
wow the wonderful aroma these will have I say move over 5 cause 55555 is coming your way Boofie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Practice taking bows Boofie you will be doing that when you except your monthly contest award for first place on presentation and best recipe.
Flagged as unique and of course beautiful.
Going to stare at the photo again it belongs in ...moretrigger in loved it