Pina Colada Cake from ScratchFrom cookinggood 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon citrus juice (I used lemon juice, it's what I had on hand) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 1 cored pineapple, cut into quarter lengthwise then sliced shopping list
- 1 small bag grated coconut shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rum shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 11" spring form pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, sift in flour, stirring just enough to blend and add juice and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Pour batter into pan and layer pineapple on top.
- Bake 1 hour and remove from oven.
- Toast coconut until brown and sprinkle on top.
- Mix rum and coconut cream and pour over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.
The Cookcookinggood Leesburg, FL
The Rating4 people
I know this one would be a hit at my house, too! We all love pina coladas - and to make a cake out of it, can't get better.elgab89 in Toronto loved it
lovely recipe!midgelet in Eastern loved it
I can handle this pina colada! Yumjett2whit in Union City loved it