Mediterranean Lentil SaladFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 cup dry brown lentils shopping list
- 1 cup diced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup red onion, diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme ( a bit of fresh is even better ) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced celery shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil , I use extra virgin shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan combine lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mushy.
- Drain lentils and vegetables and remove bay leaf.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, celery, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss to mix and serve at room temperature.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
Just love your new look for the holidays, midge! And this post. THANKS and high 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Great recipe, very similar to the one my mom was making for the lent before Christmas! - Hey! lent - lentils... I may be on to something here!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Sounds healthy and delicious!juels in Clayton loved it