Fully Loaded Baked Potato SoupFrom keni 5 years ago
- About 2lbs baking potatoes, scrubbed and cubed small, but not peeled shopping list
- 1/2lb bacon, sliced into "bits" pieces(see photo), uncooked shopping list
- 4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 4 green onions, sliced shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup(8oz) sour cream shopping list
- salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook bacon in large soup pan or dutch oven(use cast iron, if you have it!:), until just crisp See Photo. Save a bit aside, if desire, for garnish
- Add potatoes to bacon and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until they begin to cook.
- Add stock, green onions, and pepper and continue to cook on medium/medium high(don't boil) until taters are tender(time will depend on the size of the potatoes and desired doneness. I prefer these a lil less soft than for other soups.
- Whisk together the flour with the milk until completely combined.
- Add to pan and stir while heating and thickening. It's okay to get to a very low boil, but turn it down right away, if it does, so you don't scald your milk.
- Add shredded cheese and salt, if needed, and more pepper
- Once cheese is melted, stir in sour cream
- Serve garnished with bacon bits and green onion tops, if desired
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating10 people
Oh~Oh~Oh ~~~ this is a Particularly Wonderful
Potato Soup "5"FORK!!!!! The combination
of flavors is so rich and satisfying~
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This soup is calling me: "make me! Make me!" - I want to go home to it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Oh My Word,,,, I must make this and soon.
Looks wonderful Keni, Thank you. :Dchi_phx_singer in Scottsdale loved it