Mixed Nut BrittleFrom minitindel 8 years ago
How to make it
- in a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water,
- cover and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- uncover and cook until a candy thermometer reads 290 degrees .......( soft crack stage)
- meanwhile grease a 15 inch x 10 inch x1 inch baking pan with 2 teaspoons butter ........set aside
- place nuts in 2 ungreased 15 inch x 10 inch x 1 inch baking pans bake at 325 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes ( keep warm until ready to use)
- remove sugar mixture from heat carefully stir in the nuts , vanilla, salt and remaining butter.
- quickly spread into prepared pan
- cool completely
- break into pieces
- yields 2 1/2 pounds .............
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
Oh, yeah, another pound on me just looking at it! And I was worried that you are not going to add butter in it! Hahaha!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Looks so good, I want a bite right now! Bookmarked.juels in Clayton loved it
Yummy!Yummy! Yummy! What can I say!gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!