Easy Crockpot ChickenFrom angelinaw 4 years ago
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced(I used dried shitake, straw, and portabello mushrooms that I soaked in water the night before to rehydrate) shopping list
- 1 cup Pearl onions, frozen or fresh shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (I used a Shiraz) shopping list
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (I used a blend of red and black) shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 6 pieces of chicken shopping list
- Wondra or flour for the gravy shopping list
How to make it
- Put the chicken leags in the slow cooker.
- Add the mushrooms and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, wine, tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over the chicken.
- Place bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on low heat for at least 7-8 hours. The longer you cook the chicken, the more tender it becomes.
- When the chicken is done cooking, take the chicken out of the sauce in the slow cooker and put it on a serving plate.
- Strain the suace from the slow cooker into a saucepan.
- Add flour (I use Wondra) to the sauce, stirring frequently when adding the Wondra until the sauce is thickened and makes a gravy. Cook for another minute.
- Pick mushrooms out of strainer and put in gravy.
- Pick pearl onions out of strainer and garnish the chicken or put in seperate bowl.
- Serve the chicken with the gravy and pearl onions as a side dish.
The Cookangelinaw St Louis, MO
The Rating1 people
I love using chicken legs in this type of recipe they come out moist and tender falling off the bone..
I have not had this in a while can I come over the next time you make this.trigger in loved it