Tres Leches CakeFrom brinton 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1 t baking powder shopping list
- 1 C sugar shopping list
- 1 t vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 1/2 C soft butter shopping list
- SYRUP: shopping list
- 2 C milk shopping list
- 1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1. 12 oz can evaporated milk shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla to this
- Sift together flour and baking powder and add to cream mixutre in quarter cup intervals, making sure each additon is blended before adding the next.
- Pour the batter into a greased/floured 9x13 pan and bake at 350F for 20-30 mins or till a tootpick comes out clean when inserted. (I find that 20 mins is usually when it's done)
- Allow the cake to cool
- Combine, the three milks and blend together. Prick the top of the cooled cake with a fork and pour the milk mixure over the cake.
- Place in the fridge and allow at least an hour for the milk to absorb into the cake before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.
- NOTE: You can also make the recipe with white cake mix from the box. Follow the package directions for the cake, and then pick this recipe up for the syrup part...
People Who Like This Dish 29
- mommabaker Nowhere, Us
- tracydiziere Phoenix, AZ
- froggyzan Kodak, TN
- ladyincharlotte Charlotte, NC
- dottiet Woodward, OK
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- glorialaviolette Chilliwack, CA
- blackstaril Brooklyn, NY
- dragonflylady13 Wichita, KS
- poohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
- Plus 19 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookbrinton Santa Fe, NM
The Rating6 people
My daughter adores this cake and it is her request for special occasions. Hmmm, Father's Day is coming, I better add these ingredients to the shopping list too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow how interesting - I have heard of this dessert but never though it was this easy to make it - great posting!divaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Mmmmm Tres Leches Cake if my Fav...turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!