Cream Of Garlic SoupFrom lacrenshaw 4 years ago
- 3 ounces garlic, peeled shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk (no low fat OR no fat) shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 4 ounces russet potato, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Blend garlic in processor to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over low heat.
- Add garlic paste and cook until just beginning to color, stirring frequently, about 12 minutes.
- Add stock and wine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add milk, cream and potato.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in blender OR food processor, in batches.
- Return to saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Well, garlic loses a lot of it's taste and potency after you cook it, so it wouldn't be too bad to eat a bowl of this, especially since I simply adore garlic! Love the addition of wine here, it should compliment the flavor nicely!juels in Clayton loved it
mmmmmmmm i love garlic too and i have had this it is soooooooo good hand out the breath mints hahaha
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Wow!joe1155 in Munchen loved it