Peppermint BallsFrom lilliancooks 5 years ago
- 5 cups rice crispy cereal shopping list
- 4 cups mini marshmellows shopping list
- 4 Tbls. butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp. milk + 1 tsp. mint extract shopping list
- 6 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 6 oz. white chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 regular sized peppermint candy canes- crushed shopping list
- 36-40 mini muffin papers shopping list
How to make it
- Make a basic Rice Crispy Treat by melting the butter over medium heat in a very large saucepan. Add the marshmellows and stir til melted, then add in milk with mint extract. Stir again. Then add in cereal and stir til well coated. Remove from heat and work quickly with damp hands, break off a small amount of the coated cereal and form into a small ball. Place the ball on a waxed paper covered cookie sheet. Continue doing this til all the balls are formed. You should have about 36 - 40 balls. Set aside.
- Melt semi sweet chocolate in microwave according to directions on bag. Dip each ball in the chocolate and smear the chocolate all over the ball with your hands making sure to evenly but thinly coat the ball. Place back on waxed paper covered cookie sheet. Repeat this for half the balls. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over top of the balls before they dry. Repeat this method with the white chocolate.
- When all the peppermint balls are dry, place each one in the mini paper cups.
- Serve and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cooklilliancooks Long Island, NY
The Rating8 people
What a fun treat for the kids (and adults!)...my grandchildren will love these, I'm sure. You have been a busy baker!! Thanks, Lillian...Krumkrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Hmm this sounds great. This would be wonderful for a food gift or slid across the table at a holiday party. Finger food is always the best.
A little btw have you tried Oreo truffles? These would be great for kids too.
blujayangel in Fyffe loved it
I love the addition of the mint in this one flagged as beautiful too.
Five forks and a smile.trigger in loved it
Photo Help Needed20 members
Checkin Central283 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members
Newbie Questions49 members
The Refugees280 members
Recipes By You103 members
Just A Chat21 members
Just To Chat35 members
Christmas Recipes Made Easy30 members