Saurkraut Pork And KielbassiFrom gagagrits 6 years ago
- 5-6 lb pork roast bone in shopping list
- 1 sm. onion shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 2 27 0z. cans of saurkraut drained, fill cans with water and add to roaster pan. shopping list
- 4 Tbs of light brown sugar shopping list
- 1-2 lbs. of kielbassi cut into 2 inch pieces shopping list
- couple shakes of caraway seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse pork roast and put in larg roaster pan
- Slice onion on top of roast salt and pepper
- Lid roaster
- Put in oven 325 for 1 hour
- Pull out Place on top of stove dump drained kraut on sides of roast add the cans of water, caraway seed, and brown sugar, bring to boil stir.
- Put back in oven, watching the water level, you don't want it to get to dry.
- 1/2 hour before serving add kielbassi.
- We always serve this with mashed potatoes.
- This is a very easy recipe, and it makes the house smell wonderful.
- If your German!
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating8 people
Sounds so good that I added it to "Pittsburgh Favorites"! Gotta have your good luck New Year's pork and sauerkraut if you're from Pittsburgh, right?crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
Love it also, now that's what I'm hungry for. You have my five forks. Thanks for the wonderful post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Wonderful! I love these old recipes that are passed down through the generations! In fact, I'm going to forward you a recipe for Russian Cabbage Pies that I think you will just love! It's from my foodie friend, Juels. You should check out her page w...moremeals4abby in Valders loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!