Cucumber Salad With Tomato And Red OnionFrom sparroe 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (the better the vinegar, the better the salad) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 medium cucumbers shopping list
- 1 medium red onion shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes shopping list
How to make it
- Mix vinegar, salt, sugar, and celery seeds in a measuring cup.
- Peel the cucumber (either completely, or leaving a few stripes of green) and slice thinly
- Slice the onion and tomato
- Combine cucumber, onion and tomato in a bowl or a container with tight fitting lid.
- Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables and either stir or cover and shake. The vegetables should be well coated in vinegar mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to several days
- Sprinkle with pepper and serve
The Cooksparroe CA
The Rating7 people
This was wonderful! It wasn't to vinegar-y for my family either. It had the perfect sugar salt balance to even it out. Love the addition of the celery seed! Thanks Sparroe. Added a pic. as well.mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
Sounds refreshing and looks colorful and yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
OMG...I have been looking for this recipe for years! A friend of mine used to make this, and I lost the recipe! Glad it was posted in the I Made It Group.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it