Caramel Pecan Cheese PieFrom jaie 7 years ago
- cheese layer: shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese (good old-fashioned fat filled!) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups pecans, coarsely chopped shopping list
- caramel layer: shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- Pastry: shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 sticks of butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of cold water shopping list
- ***You need a deep dish 9-inch fluted pie dish*** shopping list
How to make it
- Place flour, sugar, butter, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with a pastry blender until it resembles "oatmeal".
- Add the lemon juice, cutting it in with a fork.
- Add enough water so that it stays together when crushed in your hand.
- Roll out and fit it into a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with fluted edges.
- Cheese layer:
- Place cream cheese, sugar, salt, vanilla, and egg into a mixing bowl.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and top with pecans.
- Caramel layer:
- Mix together brown sugar, corn syrup and eggs.
- Do NOT, however, mix throughly!!
- Pour over top of the cheese/pecan layer.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese layer no longer "shakes" and a toothpick or knife comes out clean and dry.
- TRY TO KEEP PEOPLE AWAY LONG ENOUGH TO SAVE YOURSELF A PIECE!!!
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!