Busy Cooks Chicken Pot PiesFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed ( buy a store roasted chicken ) shopping list
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) ready-to-serve creamy chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) ready-to-serve cream of potato soup shopping list
- 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie pastry - or your own pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, vegetables, and soups.
- Pour half the mixture into a nine-inch pie plate; repeat with the other half in another pie plate.
- Roll out the pastry to fit the tops of the pies.
- Cut slits in the pastry crusts
- Fit pastry over the tops of the filling.
- Trim and seal edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: If you want, you can put one of the pies in an aluminum or other freezer-proof pie pan.
- Before baking, cover pie well and freeze for up to three months.
- To cook the frozen pie remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
- Do NOT completely thaw.
- Cover the edges of the crust loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and remove the foil.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes more until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Very nicely done, midge. You are one of my fave "chefs"! ^5
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
FIVEdagnabbit in Barrie loved it
wow love this chicken pot pie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Quick N Easy123 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Companys Coming115 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner121 members
Chicken Please145 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Fix And Freeze Recipes40 members
Kitchen Magick64 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members