Busy Cooks Chicken Pot PiesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cubed ( buy a store roasted chicken ) shopping list
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) ready-to-serve creamy chicken soup shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) ready-to-serve cream of potato soup shopping list
- 1 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie pastry - or your own pastry shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, vegetables, and soups.
- Pour half the mixture into a nine-inch pie plate; repeat with the other half in another pie plate.
- Roll out the pastry to fit the tops of the pies.
- Cut slits in the pastry crusts
- Fit pastry over the tops of the filling.
- Trim and seal edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- NOTE: If you want, you can put one of the pies in an aluminum or other freezer-proof pie pan.
- Before baking, cover pie well and freeze for up to three months.
- To cook the frozen pie remove from the freezer 30 minutes before baking.
- Do NOT completely thaw.
- Cover the edges of the crust loosely with aluminum foil.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and remove the foil.
- Bake 60 to 65 minutes more until golden brown.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
IN CASE YOU DID'NT KNOW! I LOVE THESE KIND OF RECIPES!THIS SOUNDS GREAT!THANKS! CAROL LEEleebear in Brookpark loved it
wow love this chicken pot pie thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
FIVEdagnabbit in Barrie loved it
Quick N Easy121 members
Modern Entertaining72 members
Companys Coming114 members
Chicken Its Whats For DInner119 members
Chicken Please144 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Fix And Freeze Recipes40 members
Kitchen Magick63 members
Feeding A Crowd39 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members