Bring An Ingredient SoupFrom upstatevoyager 7 years ago
- 4 cups sweet onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth shopping list
- 2 cups tomato puree shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce shopping list
- Ingredients your guests bring shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot, saute onion and garlic in butter until softened.
- Stir in flour and blend well. Cook until bubbly.
- Add beef broth, tomato puree, vinegar and seasoninings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- (At this point mixture can be chilled overnight. Reheat before proceeding.)
- Add any vegetables, pasta or rice and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add any cooked meats and heat through.
- Serve in bowls.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
The Rating1 people
Hehehe! This one was hard to rate because you never know what the guests will put into the soup. But -- it sounded like such a fun idea, I rated you five for the ingenuity! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!