Savory Leek SoupFrom wynnebaer 6 years ago
- 4 leeks, white part only, washed and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, leftover is great shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried savory shopping list
- 3 cups half and half shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, saute leeks and chives in butter until tender
- Add broth, potatoes, and savory and bring to boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes
- Cool slightly
- In blender, process in batches until smooth (Or use an immersion blender to blend)
- Return to pan and add cream, salt and pepper
- Heat through
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookwynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
The Rating7 people
Oh, YUM!!! Comfort food! FIVE!!
Elaine ~:+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Cute photo, I love this type of soup steamy hot in the winter and chilled in the summertime.
Five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
We have wild leeks growing in the bush back of our place. Five!
Pete:)dagnabbit in Barrie loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!