Korean-style BeefsteaksFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 4 Tbs. semi-dry sake or mirin shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 4 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, trimmed and cut into very thin rounds shopping list
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 4 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 4 steaks, Rib-Eye or other premium cut, 8 to 10 ounces each shopping list
How to make it
- Put the mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, scallions, pepper flakes and sesame oil in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put the steaks in a glass baking dish large enough to hold them snuggly in a single layer.
- Pour half the marinade over the steaks and turn them a time or two until they are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and as long as five hours.
- Cover the remaining marinade and set it aside.
- Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- To cook steaks, prepare a fire in an outdoor grill or heat a stovetop grill.
- Grill the steaks until just rare, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Brush the steaks with the remaining marinade just before turning them and then brush them two or three times as they finish cooking.
- Transfer to a warm platter and brush with any marinade that remains.
- Cover lightly with foil and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating8 people
Mm! Mm! good love it
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love the marinade here, sounds very, very nice!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds very good. Thanks for sharing!!! :)sharyl4 in Mohave Valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!