Double Dark Chocolate Cherry CookieFrom jmatthews00 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried sour cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in three portions, mixing each just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips and cherries.
- Refrigerate dough for a few hours until firm.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface and divide in half.
- Roll out into logs about 12 inches long.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Dough can be frozen for a month if wrapped well in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut dough into 1-inch slices.
- Place cookies 1 & 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until cookies look just baked. Do not overbake.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjmatthews00 Central, NY
The Rating9 people
This sounds GREAT! I can't wait to make a triple-batch of these. You have my 5...
mbeards2 in Omaha loved it
How did I miss these these the first time around? OMG they sound good. I see myself trying these in my near future. Thanks.indicatorsrule1 in Gilbert loved it
Thanks for the recipe, I'm going to make them tomorrow. Melissamis7up in Fort Sill loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!