Jordanian Stuffed Grape LeavesFrom tagi77 8 years ago
- vine leaves fresh picked from your backyard grape vine or (a 500g Jar found at grocery stores) shopping list
- 5 cups of water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup rice washed shopping list
- 5 gloves of garlic cut in half shopping list
- 1 cup parsley chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped shopping list
- 4 small tomatoes chopped shopping list
- 4 small onions chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 10 sun dried tomatoes shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Bring water to boil
- add grape leaves to boiling water for 1-2 minutes
- remove grape leaves from water and set aside to cool
- Combine chopped onions, tomatoes, parsley, mint leaves, olive oil, lemon juice, rice, and salt together and mix well.
- on a flat surface spread out each grape leave and put a spoonful of the stuffing on it
- fold the sides of the leave then roll it as tight as possible (be careful as grape leaves are tender and will rip easily)
- at the bottom of a ban arrange the sundried tomatoes to cover the buttom of the pan
- pour 2 tbs of cooking oil on the top of the sundried tomatoes
- arrange the grape leaves in lyers
- while arranging the leaves make sure to put the garlic pieces in between and on the top of the layers.
- fill the pan with enough water to cover the grape leaves
- you will need something heavy to cover the leaves with such as a heavy ceramic plate, this will prevent the leaves from floating and opening, the ceramic plate must be smaller than the pan but large enought to cover most of the top layer of the leaves and to add pressure
- cook on medium heat for about an hour or untill done.
- Serve with plain yougurt or by itself
- Enjoy this time consuming but very popular and delecious dish
The Cooktagi77 Munfordville, KY
The Rating6 people
I love this. Very nice recipe.. The flavors are perfect... Thanks for sharing this great recipe. High 5....... Jimjimrug1 in Peoria loved it
How beautiful and tasty these look...and thank you so much for sharing your recipe. I flagged you for beauty - great pic - and you have a five fork rating from me. Thanks again. :) Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
This recipe is terrific I love stuffed grape leaves made this way .
Flagged a s beautiful those step by steps are great.
Thank you for posting.
Five forks and a smile :)
trigger in loved it