Chocolate Croissant Bread PuddingFrom softgrey 4 years ago
- 6 cups lightly packed bite-size pieces chocolate croissant (from about eight 5 1/2-inch croissants) shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- In a large baking pan dry bread, uncovered, at room temperature 12 hours. (Alternatively, dry bread in a 250°F oven 1 hour.)
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, cream, vanilla, and salt and pour slowly and evenly over bread. Cut butter into bits and dot pudding with it. Chill pudding, covered, at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake pudding in middle of oven until slightly puffed and golden, about 40 minutes.
- Serve pudding warm or at room temperature.