Cheddar Broccoli Beef Terrine with Mushroom GravyFrom christinem 7 years ago
- * Indicates pantry item shopping list
- The Meat Layers: shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 egg* shopping list
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs* shopping list
- 2 tbsp. ketchup* shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced onion shopping list
- Dash Worcestershire sauce* shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt & Pepper* shopping list
- The rice Layer: shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter* shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper shopping list
- 1 clove GARLIC, minced shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice (I used brown rice) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- The cheesy broccoli Layer: shopping list
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- The Mushroom Gravy: shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter* shopping list
- 1 10-oz. package sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock* shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and set aside.
- For the rice mixture, melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion, red pepper and garlic and saute' until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- For the broccoli mixture, drain steamed broccoli and add 2 tbsp cream cheese and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
- Layer in a loaf pan:
- 1/3 beef mixture
- All of the rice mixture
- 1/3 of the beef mixture
- All of the broccoli mixture
- Top with remaining beef (don't sweat it if you miscalculate like me and don't have enough...)
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes. (Cover with foil to keep warm)
- Meanwhile, make the Mushroom Gravy - melt 1 tbsp butter in a saute pan. Add mushrooms and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and chicken stock, and bring to a boil; rduce heat and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp cream cheese, mixing until melted and blended.
- Spoon mushroom gravy into dishes; top with 1 1/2" slice of the "meatloaf" and serve!
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
Wow, this looks and sounds delicious! Bookmarked and will definitely try your creation!juels in Clayton loved it
Will there ever be enough Meatloaf recipes? I don't think so. This looks nice and a good balance of flavors. Thanks for the post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!