Cheddar Broccoli Beef Terrine with Mushroom GravyFrom christinem 6 years ago
- * Indicates pantry item shopping list
- The Meat Layers: shopping list
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1 egg* shopping list
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs* shopping list
- 2 tbsp. ketchup* shopping list
- 1/3 cup minced onion shopping list
- Dash Worcestershire sauce* shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- salt & Pepper* shopping list
- The rice Layer: shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter* shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper shopping list
- 1 clove GARLIC, minced shopping list
- 1 cup cooked rice (I used brown rice) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- The cheesy broccoli Layer: shopping list
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- The Mushroom Gravy: shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter* shopping list
- 1 10-oz. package sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock* shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine meatloaf ingredients and set aside.
- For the rice mixture, melt butter in a saucepan. Add onion, red pepper and garlic and saute' until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and Cheddar cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- For the broccoli mixture, drain steamed broccoli and add 2 tbsp cream cheese and 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
- Layer in a loaf pan:
- 1/3 beef mixture
- All of the rice mixture
- 1/3 of the beef mixture
- All of the broccoli mixture
- Top with remaining beef (don't sweat it if you miscalculate like me and don't have enough...)
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes. (Cover with foil to keep warm)
- Meanwhile, make the Mushroom Gravy - melt 1 tbsp butter in a saute pan. Add mushrooms and saute until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add white wine and chicken stock, and bring to a boil; rduce heat and let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tbsp cream cheese, mixing until melted and blended.
- Spoon mushroom gravy into dishes; top with 1 1/2" slice of the "meatloaf" and serve!
The Cookchristinem Worcester, MA
The Rating4 people
Will there ever be enough Meatloaf recipes? I don't think so. This looks nice and a good balance of flavors. Thanks for the post. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
Wow, this looks and sounds delicious! Bookmarked and will definitely try your creation!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!