Cream Cheese Banana PieFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 large pie crust baked and cooled shopping list
- 2 sliced bananas shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened and beaten shopping list
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups evaporated milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 4 egg yolks beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter softened shopping list
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla shopping list
- Whipped topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, evaporated milk and whole milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour half the hot mixture into eggs and stir until incorporated.
- Pour egg mixture into other half of pudding and cook on medium heat until it reaches boiling.
- Add cream cheese and mix thoroughly with a mixer until light and creamy.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter using mixer until all is blended.
- Let pudding stand 15 minutes but while still warm pour half of pudding in pie shell.
- Layer with bananas then pour remainder of pudding on top.
- When pie is completely cooled top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with sliced almonds.
- To make whipped topping pour cream into a very cold glass bowl and beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add powdered sugar until all has been blended then add vanilla slowly until blended.