Cheesy Jalapeno CornbreadFrom bakermanrooster 7 years ago
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal. shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour. shopping list
- 1 TBSP granulated sugar. shopping list
- 2 TSP baking powder. shopping list
- 1/2 TSP baking soda. shopping list
- 1/2 TSP salt. shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold butter cubed. shopping list
- 11/4 cup buttermilk--I use 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup jalapeno juice from pickled jalapenos to curdle the milk. shopping list
- 2 eggs seperated. shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion. shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper. shopping list
- 1/4 TSP garlic powder. shopping list
- 3 TBSPS sour cream. shopping list
- 2-3 TBSPS pickled jalapeno's diced. shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese--I use pepper jack. shopping list
- 1/2 can of mexi-corn. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- lightly grease a 13x9 pan.
- Combine cornmeal,flour,sugar,baking powder,baking soda and salt. mix well by hand.
- Add butter mix well.
- In a measuring cup,combine buttermilk,egg yolks, and jalapeno pepper pour over cornmeal mixture mix just until blended.
- Fold in cheese mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until top is golden and springs back,about 25 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate any unused cornbread it will spoil.
The Cookbakermanrooster Wichita, KS
The Rating7 people
I'm really liking the whole wheat flour and the use of the jalapeno juice in this one, rooster! Thanks for sharing and you got my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
this sounds great,, can't wait to try it... five forks..peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love anything spicy & this is definately a recipe I want to try. 5 forksbrianna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!