Fried Catfish with Cream and WineFrom choclytcandy 7 years ago
- 5 lbs catfish fillets shopping list
- 1/2 cup prepared yellow mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup half and half cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp dry white wine shopping list
- 2 cups white cornmeal shopping list
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose shopping list
- 3 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp onion powder shopping list
- cooking oil to deep-fat fry the fish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees.
- Cut the fish into 2- to 3-ounce pieces.
- Combine mustard, tabasco sauce, worcestershire sauce, cream, water and wine in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Put the white cornmeal in a food processor and blend at high speed for 3 minutes. It will make the mixture much finer.
- Pour the cornmeal into another large, dry mixing bowl and add the flour and remaining dry ingredients.
- Mix well together with a flexible wire whisk until well blended.
- Coat the fish pieces in the mustard mixture, then roll the fish in the dry cornmeal mixture.
- Fry the fish in a deep-fat fryer at 375 degrees. The fish should float to the top of the grease and turn a golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer and drain on a stack of dry paper towels.
- Serve with french fries and coleslaw.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating10 people
Although not a catfish lover, I will definiely use this recipe with other fish that I do like. My thanks and my 5, choclyt!
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh, this is a good one. Savannah's downtown St. Pete makes a similar dish and it is 20 bucks a plate. I'll be making this at home instead...thank you, thank you.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I love the mustard mixture here! Sounds sooo goood!!!juels in Clayton loved it