Lemon ChickenFrom dianalee27 4 years ago
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornstarch shopping list
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying* or cooking spray shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 lemons, juiced and rinds sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbs cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup of sugar ( if you're not thrilled about that much sugar, you can shopping list
- substitute honey. Just add 1/4 cup of honey to start and keep adding until you get the desired sweetness. I've done this and it's very good.) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the chicken in half, lengthwise. Mix each piece with salt, egg and cornstarch. Let chicken set for 10 minutes.
- Deep fry the chicken until golden and done. About 1 to 2 minutes. Do not over cook. *If you don't want all that fat, spray a large frying pan with cooking oil.
- Heat pan to medium-high heat. Lay each chicken piece and sear. Place in a 9 x 13 pan coated with cooking spray. Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake the chicken pieces until golden. About 20 minutes. Try not to over cook.
- To make the sauce:
- Cook the lemon juice and butter in a medium hot saucepan, stirring well until the butter melts; then put the sliced lemon in the pan and add sugar or the honey. In a small bowl, mix the water and cornstarch and add to the sauce. Cook and stir until thickened. Pour over the chicken pieces and serve with steamed or fried rice.
The Cookdianalee27 NE
The Rating7 people
This one sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.jett2whit in Union City loved it
This sounds really yummy! I love Lemon Chicken.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
This Will Be A Winner Here, Thnx For Sharing.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!