Pork and Kraut Goulash Hungarian StyleFrom paprikamama 8 years ago
- 2 lbs barbecued pork, trimmed shopping list
- 2 cups onions, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 1 beef bouillon cube shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon paprika shopping list
- 1 (26 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 2 cups sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pork into 2-inch cubes.
- In large Dutch oven, combine pork, onion, garlic, dill, caraway, salt, bouillon cube and boiling water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Add paprika; stir to dissolve.
- Add sauerkraut; mix well.
- Simmer, covered, until meat is tender, 1 hour or longer.
- Stir in sour cream; heat thoroughly.
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating4 people
Pork and sauerkraut are a common meal around here. I would never have thought to add sour cream. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks for posting all these great recipes. I am liking them all!tpatti in Wellsville loved it
What a great recipe made last nite for dinner turned out awesome. The frist time i have used sour cream with pork, and krout. The best Thanks, Jerry.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it
Always caraway seeds with pork. Tom likes it on duck, too. I know he'll like this recipe!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it