Spicy Spinach Dip With Crispy Pita ChipsFrom mbeards2 5 years ago
- 1 10oz package of frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 6 tablespoons of milk shopping list
- 2 cups of tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 4 medium) shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, minced (about 1 small onion) shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced shopping list
- Pita chips: 4 large pitas cut into 6ths, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon lemon pepper 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, milk, tomatoes, onion and jalapeno pepper. Mix well to blend thoroughly.
- Spoon into an ovenproof quiche pan (a small pie plate will work too) and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the dip is baking, cut the pitas into wedges. Mix the cumin and lemon pepper together in a small bowl.
- Place the pitas on a nonstick baking sheet and brush with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the cumin/lemon pepper mixture.
- When the dip is done baking, broil the pitas until they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Let the dip cool briefly, and serve it in the middle of a platter surrounded by the pita wedges.
- NOTES: The pita wedges are so tasty prepared this way and can be served alone, in place of garlic bread, or with other dips and spreads.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookmbeards2 Omaha, NE
The Rating6 people
Mmmmm I love spinach dip with a kick!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Love the addition of tomatoes and jalapenos here! Sounds very yummy! Thanks for this great post!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh yeah, bring on the heat...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it