Beans And Pasta SoupFrom aussie_meat_pie 5 years ago
- 500g. Borlotti or red kidney beans shopping list
- 1 "Sheet" Smoked Ribs shopping list
- 200g. pancetta shopping list
- 2 Cups penne, Spiral or shell pasta shopping list
- 3 Tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 Tpsp flour shopping list
- 1 Small Diced onion shopping list
- 1 Tsp tomato paste shopping list
- 1 Tsp Continental parsley, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 1 Tsp Vegeta shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- salt to Taste shopping list
How to make it
- Soak beans overnight in warm water, cut ribs into individual ribs and soak for 2-3 hours in hot water.
- Drain the beans and ribs. Place them into large saucepan, cover with water, add Vegeta and cook for one hour, adding more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, reduce the heat and cook for 45 minutes. You must stir every 5-6 minutes or the pasta will stick to the bottom.
- Make the roux by frying the onion and continental parsley in hot oil and slowly adding flour. Remove from heat and add 2-3 ladles of soup. Mix well to eliminate lumps and add to the soup. Dissolve tomato paste into one cup of hot water and add to the soup. Stir well and serve. Serve ribs and pancetta separately, cut into small pieces.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating14 people
I love all kinds of soup this sounds wonderful with those smoked ribs five forks and a smile :)trigger in loved it
Gets my FIVE for sure! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Oh man this looks good.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it