Chocolate Cream Cheese CupcakesFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided shopping list
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar shopping list
- FROSTING: shopping list
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 6 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined. Fold in chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and remaining sugar and salt. In another bowl, whisk the water, oil and vinegar; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full with batter.
- Drop filling by heaping tablespoonfuls into the center of each.
- Bake at 350° for 24-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter, milk and vanilla; beat until blended.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with pecans.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 20 cupcakes.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
I've made something similar to this, but as I read, I believe yours is way more decadent...Really love it, thank you!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
These has to be so decadent, wish I had one with my morning coffee. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it