Beer BreadFrom lor 4 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt shopping list
- Note: I use regular table salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped shopping list
- Note: I do not like dill so I use chopped fresh parsley that has been rinsed and very well dried. You could also use sage, rosemary or thyme in this recipe. shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 12 ounces (341 millilitres) lager beer shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Generously butter a loaf pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add dill/parsley, minced garlic and cheese and stir to coat with flour.
- Stir in beer and mustard until mixture forms a dough.
- Kneading the dough gently will bring it together.
- Turn dough into a buttered loaf pan and use a dampened hand to smooth the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until light golden and firm to the touch.
- Makes 1 loaf.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating7 people
Lor: This sounds really good. I can't wait to try this, always looking for great bread recipes. By the way, your avatar is adorable. High 5 my friend.chefmeow in Garland loved it
I agree with meow about both you avatar and this post! I love homemade bread but then again, who doesn't?! My thanks and my five, Lor.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Me too! Warm right from the oven I guess that is why I'm so fluffy. Sounds incredible...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
British Cooking109 members
Cooking With Beer39 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
Irish All The Way97 members
A Dash Or Two21 members
Farm Country Cooking83 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members
Breads Rolls And Biscuits35 members
Canadian Eh30 members