Chicken A LaorangeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 3-4 lb. bird cut into serving pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of orange juice shopping list
- zest from one orange shopping list
- 2 oranges pared and sectioned shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in skillet; brown chicken well on all sides.
- Remove chicken; place in slow cooker.
- Blend flour, sugar, salt, ginger, cayenne into the pan drippings.
- Cook until bubbles appear.
- Stir in orange zest and the juice from one orange, if it is too thick you can add more orange juice or canned chicken broth to thin it out.
- Place the sectioned orange pieces over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over all slowly.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
hmmmm this sounds great and with the added Grand Mariner yumcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
This is one for my to make soon I love the sauce with the orange juice and zest.
Nothing more comforting then a pot full of heavenly prepared chicken and orange sauce.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it
Made this last night for dinner and it was fantastic! I kinda messed up making the sauce, most of the butter cooked away and when I added the dry ingredients they soaked up what little was left. I had to scramble to get more butter in and add extra j...moredennydca in Las Vegas loved it