Chicken A LaorangeFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 3-4 lb. bird cut into serving pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1 tsp of ground ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of orange juice shopping list
- zest from one orange shopping list
- 2 oranges pared and sectioned shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in skillet; brown chicken well on all sides.
- Remove chicken; place in slow cooker.
- Blend flour, sugar, salt, ginger, cayenne into the pan drippings.
- Cook until bubbles appear.
- Stir in orange zest and the juice from one orange, if it is too thick you can add more orange juice or canned chicken broth to thin it out.
- Place the sectioned orange pieces over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over all slowly.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
This is one for my to make soon I love the sauce with the orange juice and zest.
Nothing more comforting then a pot full of heavenly prepared chicken and orange sauce.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it
hmmmm this sounds great and with the added Grand Mariner yumcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it
Made this last night for dinner and it was fantastic! I kinda messed up making the sauce, most of the butter cooked away and when I added the dry ingredients they soaked up what little was left. I had to scramble to get more butter in and add extra j...moredennydca in Las Vegas loved it