Adobo Pork And Potato PacketsFrom bluewaterandsand 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt , divided shopping list
- 1 small sweet potato , peeled and very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium yellow-fleshed potato , peeled and very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 medium red onion , halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 1/2-1 3/4 pounds), trimmed of fat shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine oil, vinegar, paprika, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; process until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed. Place sweet potato, potato and onion in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 3 tablespoons of the sauce; toss well to coat. Rub both sides of pork chops with the remaining sauce.
- To make a packet, lay two 24-inch sheets of foil on top of each other (the double layers will help protect the contents from burning); generously coat the top piece with cooking spray.
- Spread half the potato mixture in the center of the foil in a thin layer. Bring the short ends of foil together, fold over and pinch to seal. Pinch the seams together along the sides to seal the packet. Make a second packet in the same fashion with the remaining potato mixture.
- Place the packets on the hottest part of the grill and the pork chops in the front or back.
- Cook the pork for 3 to 4 minutes per side and the packets for 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to plates and let rest while the packets finish cooking. Open the packets (be careful of steam) and serve the pork chops with the vegetables.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating6 people
Hi, this recipe sounds interesting, I'm always on the lookout for packet meals that can be made on camping trips, thanks so much for sharing... CVcelestialvortex in Las Vegas loved it
Sounds wonderful. I bet you could put the pork chops in the same pkg as the potato mixture & cook them all together. What do you think? 5 forks from mebrianna in loved it
Looks and sounds wonderful! Thanks for the post!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!