Cajun Potato SoupFrom gagagrits 7 years ago
- 1 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 onion, diced shopping list
- 2 1/2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lb. andouille sausage, sliced into rounds shopping list
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup and 2 Tbs heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp. italian seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, chopped shopping list
- 2 Tbs. grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the butter and oil together in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter and oil until the onions are translucent , about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage slices: cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes; cook and stir 15 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, and Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 10 to 12 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Mix in the spinach,remove from heat, top with Parmesan cheese and serve...
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating9 people
Deeeeeee-licious, ga! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh my cajun and potato my favorites of all time and you have this luscious cream broth. I know it will smell so nice once you start cooking that andouille sausage.
Five forks and a great big smile:)trigger in loved it
^5!choclytcandy in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!