Lemon Shrimp with RiceFrom frankieanne 5 years ago
- 1 cup long grain white rice shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (I minced them) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges and seeded shopping list
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow 2 quart microwave safe dish with a lid, combine rice, wine, oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes (I think 18 is plenty), stirring twice during cooking.
- Stir in shrimp and lemon wedges, cover and microwave 3 minutes more. Let stand, covered, until shrimp are opaque, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley and serve immediately.