Vermont Spice CakeFrom dariana 7 years ago
- cake Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin shopping list
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- ================= shopping list
- frosting Ingredients: shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons maple flavoring shopping list
- Chopped nuts and nut halves, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and salt in small bowl.
- Combine sugar and 3/4 cup butter in large bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs; continue beating until well mixed. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, water and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; gradually add flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared cake pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter and cream cheese in large mixer bowl. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy. Stir in maple flavoring.
- Cut each cake in half horizontally with long serrated knife. Frost between layers and on top of cake, leaving sides unfrosted. Garnish with nuts, if desired.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating4 people
Good evening Dariana, I haven't seen any of your recipes until tonight. This is a fantastic post.
You have my 5 (but you deserve much more). Thank you so very much for sharing. Have a wonderful night...Cherylcherylannxo in Santa Nella loved it
Ooh wow...I can see this being added to our Thanksgiving dinner!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it
Looks good. I might make this for a friend's birthday tomorrow! If I do, I'll let you know!captainsjewel in St Petersburg loved it