Lemon Crepes SuzetteFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 8 dessert crepes (recipe below) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- juice and finely grated zest of one lemon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brandy shopping list
- Crepes: shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 4 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 quart milk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- To make crepes mix flour, eggs and egg yolks with a wire whisk.
- Add the milk, sugar and salt then beat until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Melt butter in a small container and skim off foam then pour off and clarified butter.
- Discard sediment at bottom of container.
- Heat a skillet and brush with the clarified butter.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon batter and tilt pan immediately so batter spread evenly on base of pan.
- Cook crepe quickly on both sides then cook all remaining batter and set crepes aside.
- For crepe filling melt butter in heavy pan then add sugar, juice and zest.
- Add Grand Marnier and bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Fold crepes in fourths and arrange in sauce then spoon sauce over crepes.
- Warm brandy and place in a long handled metal ladle.
- Ignite brandy and pour over crepes while flaming.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!