Caribbean Lime Coconut Buttermilk PieFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 -cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4- cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- 1/2 -cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1/2 -cup unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1- Tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 2- large eggs shopping list
- 2- egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon pure vanilla shopping list
- Minced zest and juice of 1 lime shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 9 inch pie crust ( store bought or make your own) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well incorporated
- Pour into your pie shell and place on a baking/cookie sheet.
- BAKE until the fillings is just set, yet still a bit jiggly, about 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp on a rack.
- serves 6-8
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating6 people
Looks great Tink! Have not been much into sweets but this hits the spot.
Markmark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
Oh Tink this sounds remarkable, I was just watching Guy on FN. And there was a dinner that made Home made coconut cream pie, and I was thinking it's been a while since I made one. Now I have a new recipe to try THANKS .....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Mmmmm...anytime you put de lime in da coconut and mix it all up its a winner! Think I'll try gf'ing this....mmmm, let me clarify that I'll be making this gluten-free style. (somehow when I read gf'ing it sounded x-rated)crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it