Lemon Tea BreadFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 3 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup butter melted shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then spray 2 large loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, eggs, lemon extract and lemon juice in mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk beating well after each addition then stir in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 50 minutes then cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Prick holes in bread with fork then pour topping over top.
- When cooled remove from pan and wrap n foil then allow to stand overnight.
- To make topping mix together 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating7 people
I have never heard of this. Sounds fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This is a really nice version of a lemon tea bread. No wonder the Abrams family saved it. ;-)
The glaze really seals in the flavor much as the lemon pound cake's one does on the cake I have posted and that makes it wonderfully moist. This is ...moreborinda in SoCal loved it
Sounds like a winner! Love to try this recipe.frandee in Burnaby loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!