My Ultimate SnickerdoodlesFrom momofsixil 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Mix separately in small bowl : shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, shortening, granulated sugar, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.
- Roll balls of dough into cinnamon-sugar mixture in set-aside bowl.
- Place onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten only slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer onto cooling surface lined with paper towels or onto wire baking racks.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookmomofsixil Davis, IL
The Rating5 people
My hubby has never met a snickerdoodle that he didn't adore, mom! Thanks and my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
love the snickerdoodles they are a delightful cookie high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Mmm! Sounds like my kind my kind of cookie!! Thanks for sharing!! - Lindalmgluvscats in Sigourney loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Cookies And Sweets451 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Pass Down Recipes313 members
Family Favorites140 members
Friends In The Kitchen314 members
Perfect For Parties And Potlucks79 members
Recipes For A Cause24 members
Its Party Time97 members
Cookie Mania23 members