Jalapeno Popper WontonsFrom seafoodlover 8 years ago
- * 1 (14 ounce) package small won ton wrappers shopping list
- * 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- * 1 pound jalapenos diced or 1 jar diced shopping list
- * 1 cup monterey jack cheese shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp paprika shopping list
- * 2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- * 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet or deep fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- 2. In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, jalapenos, cheese, paprika, salt, and garlic powder
- 3. Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold the won ton wrapper over the stuffing to make a triangle or a half moon, depending on the shape of the won ton wrappers you have purchased. Moisten the edges with a little water, and seal. Place prepared won tons under a slightly moist paper towel until ready for frying.
- 4. Add 3 or 4 wontons to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown, turning once. Set aside on paper towels to drain. Repeat until all wontons have been fried. Serve hot.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- karlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- lacrenshaw Horsham, PA
- davishoneydo Aledo, TX
- lafluers Lincoln, NE
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookseafoodlover Chicago
The Rating9 people
Different and I love it, sea! Thanks and my ^5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
What a fun new twist on the popper - love them, and I'm sure I will love this version. Thanks!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Oh Yeah!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!