Aztec Chicken with Chipotle Lime SauceFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- AZTEC chicken shopping list
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 4 tablespoons canned green chiles, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mixed cheeses shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons melted butter shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- CHIPOTLE lime SAUCE shopping list
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon granules shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cold water shopping list
How to make it
- AZTEC CHICKEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts to flatten, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, green chiles, shredded cheese, cream cheese and the 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Place mixture in the center of each chicken breast and carefully roll up.
- Place seam side down on a lightly greased sheet pan.
- Brush with melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- CHIPOTLE LIME SAUCE
- Process shallot, garlic, chipotle pepper and lime juice in a food processor until smooth.
- Place in a small saucepan and add cream and chicken base.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small dish, combine cornstarch and water.
- Add to cream mixture and simmer 1 minutes.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating5 people
Love that sauce...love the flavors in the chicken. Gotta add this to the "chicken meals I have to try"!! Thanks, sparow...Krumkrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Love this gf. Bring on the hot stuff baby.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
wow impressed me when ya gonna make it, Ill bring my fork yummy Great big high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it