Key Lime CakeFrom zena824 7 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare cake as directed on box in layers or 9 x 13 pan.
- Cool cake completely.
- Cut cake in layers in half horizontally.
- Whip cream till stiff.
- In separate bowl, stir together Eagle Brand milk and lime juice.
- Fold into whipped cream.
- Frost between layers and on sides of cake.
- May garnish top with a twisted slice of lime.
- Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours before serving.
- She fixed the cake in layers, but she has had it in a 9 x 13 pan too.
- The 9 x 13 pan looked great on a pretty party tray.
- There was plenty of frosting, so you can ice the layers good.
- You can use the egg white version on the cake mix as well.
- It takes more than 5 small limes to make enough juice so you need to have several extra limes to make enough juice.
- she said the fresh limes tasted better than the bottled juice.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cookzena824 Somewhere, USA, AR
The Rating9 people
ohhhhh zena i just love key limes things
yummmmm love it bet its moist too
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Key lime cake is delicious, Zena!! HIGH FIVE! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Great post Zena, loving that key lime. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!