Lemon Sponge PieFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 3/4 Cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- Grated rind of 2 lemons...don't use the white flesh shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (see...nothing wasted!) shopping list
- 1 cup whole milk shopping list
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- "Dash" of salt, that's my way of measuring anyway! shopping list
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked. (can also use graham cracker crust) shopping list
- Preheated 350 degree oven. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix sugar, butter, flour, lemon rind and lemon juice, milk and egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold into first mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie crust in pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!