Filet Mignon with Balsamic ReductionFrom well_seasoned 5 years ago
How to make it
- Season the steaks heavily with the seasoning and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- Heat a small skillet to medium and add the olive oil.
- Put the steaks in the hot skillet getting a good searing on top and bottom then reduce the heat and cook to your preference of doneness.
- Remove to a warmed plate and tent with foil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan carefully (it might splatter) and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir, scrapping up any browned bits and simmer until reduced by half, approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Drizzle over steaks and serve.