Filet Mignon with Balsamic ReductionFrom well_seasoned 8 years ago
How to make it
- Season the steaks heavily with the seasoning and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- Heat a small skillet to medium and add the olive oil.
- Put the steaks in the hot skillet getting a good searing on top and bottom then reduce the heat and cook to your preference of doneness.
- Remove to a warmed plate and tent with foil.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan carefully (it might splatter) and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stir, scrapping up any browned bits and simmer until reduced by half, approximately 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter.
- Drizzle over steaks and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookwell_seasoned Springtown, TX
The Rating3 people
Oh yummy this was good!! The reduction is awesome and is perfect drizzled all over this, I could eat it all day :) Added quite a bit more in the IMI ----------> moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
I LOVE FILETS AND BALSAMIC....BIG 5 FOR YOU.lycett in CANYON COUNTRY loved it
Sounds really good. I can't wait to try it :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!