Best Rhubarb BarsFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- heaping ¼ cup powdered sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter, softened in the microwave almost to melting point shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1½ cups sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together all crust ingredients - dough will be stiff.
- Press dough into a 7x11 pan (I use a glass pan for that additional browning effect).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While crust is baking, prepare filling.
- Beat eggs, and then add sugar, flour and salt.
- Gently stir in rhubarb; spoon filling carefully over hot crust.
- Bake for an additional 35 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating12 people
sounds perfect!karlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
Oh yum!! Has my five. Can't wait to get fresh rhubarb. I remember my aunt making something like this. Thanks for the recipe.vickycummins in Munster loved it
ohhhhhh baby this is so yummy i can just taste it i love rhubarb its so tart yummmmmm
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!