Papaya BreadFrom quaziefly 8 years ago
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed ripe papaya shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
How to make it
- Cream together sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add papaya, nuts and raisins and mix.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice and ginger. Add to butter mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased wax paper-lined 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 65 minutes. Or fill greased muffin pans three-quarters full and bake for 25 minutes.
The Cookquaziefly ALL POINTS
The Rating8 people
Yum. can't wait to make this. sounds wonderful.sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it
Sure sounds good! I love papaya, but have never made it into a bread. How exciting!juels in Clayton loved it
all those spices and the papaya sounds wonderful great post thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!