Chicken Breasts stuffed with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Green OlivesFrom pleclare 5 years ago
- pinch saffron(15 threads) shopping list
- 1/4c extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 21/2tsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 11/2tsp mild honey,such as clover1/2tspfresh grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1/4tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic,crushed and peeled shopping list
- 1/4c grained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes,vert coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/4c pitted green olives,such as manzanilla shopping list
- 1/4c loose packed fresh flat-leaf paersley,coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 split skin-on bone-in chicken breasts(3 to 31/2lbs) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 425.
- Soak saffron in 2 tsp. hot water for 5 mins. In foood processor,puree the saffron and soaking water with the olive oil,lemon juice,honey,lemon zest,red pepper flakes,garlic and 1/2tsp salt. Add the sun-dried tomatoes,olives and parsley. Puls to form a coarsely chopped stuffing(should be coarser than pesto)
- Use your finger to make a small opening between the skin and flesh of the breasts Run your finger under the skin to seperate it from the breasts,making pocket,being careful not to detach edges of skin. Stuff the tomato mixture into the pocket,distributing evenly over the chicken.
- Pat skin back in place and season with 1tsp salt and 1/2tsp pepper. Line a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with alumnum foil. Roast the chicken on the baking sheet until juices run clear and meat thermometer registers 165,about 30 mins.
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating8 people
This sounds really good to me. Love everything about this recipe. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
hay what not to like ......Breasts. Tomatos. and olives.......YEAH BABY............Great Post
Got my 5grizzlybear in loved it
You rarely cease to make my mouth water, pat! Thanks and my 5.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it