Braised Orange Roughy With LeeksFrom darbar 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter shopping list
- 3 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise, sliced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled shopping list
- 4 6- to 8-ounce orange roughy fillets (or tilapia) shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (or half and half) shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth (or white wine) shopping list
- Fresh chives or green onion tops cut into 1-inch lengths shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks and sprinkle with sugar and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cover and cook until very soft, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Season fish with salt and pepper. Arrange atop leeks. Add cream and vermouth. Cover and cook until fish is opaque, about 8 minutes. Transfer fish to plates and keep warm.
- Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top fish with sauce and leeks. Garnish with chives.
People Who Like This Dish 7
- iatik Morris Plains, NJ
- gotmusicinme Martinez, CA
- merlin San Francisco, CA
- mystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- silentwriter Middleburg, PA
- softgrey New York
- sexypiratepants Metairie, LA
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- darbar Elmhurst, IL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookdarbar Elmhurst, IL
The Rating3 people
I just got the roughy. This looks like its fate.merlin in San Francisco loved it
orange roughy is very delicious and this recipe will make it super...tymystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
Yum, I love leeks; and leeks and cream, super well done. I was going to make a sweet pepper ragout and pork chops tonight, but you have enticed me to change the plan to this recipe.
notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!